These terms were last updated on: November 2, 2022.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://lazyreader.ca.
What personal data we collect, why we collect it, who we share your data with:
We use your Personal Information to process your request for Content, to improve Products that we offer by tailoring them to perceived preferences, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to seek compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers, and to track users’ movements around the Service and elsewhere on the web and/or to process your request for Product(s). For example, we collect contact information such as name, address, postal code, email address, telephone number, Demographic and survey information such as postal code, gender, marital status, birth date/year, interests, household expenditures, reasons for cancellation and other customer service information, location preferences, interests and other preferences, Social media identifiers (such as single sign on through Facebook, Google or other social media accounts) and other information you share with us or make public via your social networking platform. You may control what information you share through the social networking sites’ privacy settings. We also collect Usage data, including content and advertisements viewed on our digital properties, search history, content you share, products and services you download, purchase or subscribe for, language preference, transaction history, time spent and other digital information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies. Further we collect information about your device such as IP address, browser type, device type, unique device identifiers and operating system, information about your location, if enabled on your device or derived from your IP address, for the purpose of providing a customized experience, to develop better content/products, to promote our content/products, and to verify advertising delivery
- Access to your personal information is restricted for processing your inquiries or requests or providing information that you have indicated is of interest. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from minors. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including but not limited to disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose you or us to legal liability.
- Any data you provide us will be stored securely on our own systems and only for the intended purposes of use as described in these terms.
Moreover, we sell, share, rent, or transfer personal information we have collected from you to third parties for promotional purposes. The Personal Information we collect may be used by us and by Third Party Business(es) for their own purposes, each pursuant to its own policies. While we may seek to require Third Party Businesses to follow appropriate privacy policies, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties
For the sake of clarity, here is a list of recipients to whom we disclose Personal Information:
Governmental and law enforcement officials, or parties to legal proceedings
Third Party Businesses
- This is information that has been provided to us in areas of the Service that may be managed or participated in by one or more Third Party Business(es)
- We only retain the personal information you have provided for as long as reasonably necessary to conduct contests or promotions for which you have registered to participate, to provide the services you have requested, respond to your inquiry, or to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, and as may be required due to technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our Web site.
- Please note that this website contains links to other sites. Lazyreader.ca is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.
- Please note that ‘welcome’, confirmation of registration and/or service e-mail communications if any are to notify users of services they have requested or registered for, or to notify users of web site issues. They are not promotional in nature and, therefore, an opt-out from these messages is not provided.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.