- a) Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
- b) Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to record and analyze the number of visitors viewing the site, the articles they’re reading most, and other details that give us insights into how our site is being used. We use Google Analytics and Piano to track our visitors, understand which pages are being read, where readers are linking from, where they are, how long they are spending on certain pages, and other information that helps us understand how our readers use our site. We do not use additional parameters within the application to attribute users browser profiles with other elements of their usage, device or location data, or other identity markers. In addition, we randomize IPs within Analytics to further prevent attribution. We retain this data by default for 26 months, at which time this randomized user data is purged and only aggregate data such as number of visits is retained.
- c) Functionality Cookies: These are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log on and change your preferences including for future newsletter access. They may also be set by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages, such as Instagram or YouTube embeds that retain the preferences you’ve set on how to view them.
- d). Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and to show you relevant advertisements on our site as well as other sites you may visit. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising and will impact the ad rates that sites like ours receive from advertisers because the ads you will see are less likely to be of interest.
- We use a combination of all of these types of cookies when you visit our website. In addition, we use Web beacons, provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage and optimize our online advertising. Web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site, to learn which banner ads bring users to our Web site and to deliver more relevant advertising. In the EU, we offer readers the ability to opt out of targeting and other cookies via the “Cookie Consent” banner available upon entering the site, and via a link in the site footer. Settings set via the Cookie Consent window will take effect on all subsequent pageviews after interacting with the banner and/or policy settings. Consent will be reset and asked for upon each subsequent visit to the site. For those in the EU as well as those reading in countries outside of the EU, global cookie consent settings can be set to manage which advertising cookies you would like to allow when visiting our site and any sites you visit with the same browser. You are able to change those settings or “opt-out” from targeting by following the links in your appropriate region:
– Canada: youradchoices.ca/choices
– USA: aboutads.info
– Europe: youronlinechoices.eu
– Australia: youronlinechoices.com.au
- This website also uses services provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), as well as their authorized resellers. In addition to exchange of cookie-based information about browsing habits, interests, and other non-personally identifiable information that helps these companies target relevant advertisements to users of LaineyGossip.com, we allow Google to show personalized ads to users who are signed-in to their Google accounts based on their interests, demographics, and Google user account information, if the user’s Google account is configured to make such information available. To opt out of this feature on our site and others you visit or to verify your settings, please visit myactivity.google.com. For further information concerning Google’s privacy practices, including the ability to opt-out from any data collection, reporting and/or targeting activities associated with its services, please click here.
- If you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookie policies or our use of your data, or would like assistance with any of the privacy tools described, please contact us directly using the contact page on the website.
When we include a product link in a piece of content, our third-parties automatically places tracking code to the retailer link. When a reader clicks on an affiliate link, the tracking code places a cookie on the reader’s device that confirms if the reader makes a purchase from the retailer’s website. Our third-parties attribute a commission from the sale to The Lazy Reader.